Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quinoa Chili
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
Serves 4-5 (this is a recipe with leftovers!)
3 tbsp olive oil
2 big cloves of garlic
1 big sweet potato
1 cup frozen corn
2 14-15 oz cans black beans
1 can tomato paste
1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
4 cups homemade veggie broth (unsalted)
1/2 to 1 cup water
2 tbsp cumin
2 1/2 tsp chili (add more to increase the heat!)
Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Chop up sweet potato, onions & garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium low heat. Add onions, garlic and sauté for about 5 min.
- Add in sweet potatoes, spices, salt and tomato paste. Cook, stirring every once and awhile for about 10 min.
- Add in veggie broth and quinoa. Mix well and bring to a boil. Stir and let simmer for about 40-50 minutes (just until the veggies are soft - could take less time), stirring occasionally.
- Add in the drained, washed beans and frozen corn once the veggies are close to being soft enough.
- If your chili is super thick, add in that 1/2 to 1 cup water whenever needed. Season with extra salt, chili to taste.
- Serve with avocado, cilantro, chopped green onions or whatever floats your boat.