Spiced Apple & Banana Muffins
vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free
There is nothing like a warm homemade muffin!
These are easy to make muffins that are free of refined sugar, flour, weird oozy gooey fruit explosions and processed oils.
These are the kind of muffin that you'll feel proud meal prepping for the week, snacking on at your desk, packing in your child's lunch box or maybe even nibbling on as a late night snack (sometimes it happens!).
2 flax eggs ( 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tbsp water)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup shredded apple
1/2 cup coconut milk (or any dairy-free beverage)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tsp real vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 cup gluten-free oats
1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour (grind GF oats to make flour)
1/2 cup chickpea flour (here's what I use!)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg
*Extra coconut sugar (just a sprinkle on each!) and oats to top muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tray or use without liners; these will pop out easily on their own!
- Make the flax eggs by mixing your ground flax and water together. Let sit for at least 5 minutes. It will form a goopey slime that resembles an egg. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add your banana, apple, coconut milk, flax eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Add your dry ingredients, fold till mixed.. Do not over-mix.
- Scoop 1/4 cup sized spoonfuls into your muffin tin. Sprinkle each muffin with coconut sugar and a few oats.