Lemon Coconut Cheesecake Energy Balls
*Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Grain-Free
These protein balls are loaded with plant based protein from the nuts, good fats from the nuts, coconut oil, chia seeds and fibre from the nuts, Chia seeds, coconut flour. The macadamia nuts also provide an array of minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, selenium.
1 1/2 cups raw macadamia nuts, soaked overnight or at least 4 hours.
1/3 cup cashew butter
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
*1/4 cup raw honey, melted (*use another natural sweetener of choice to make these vegan)
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
4 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut for the batch
Extra shredded coconut to roll the balls in
- Using a food processor, add in the soaked & rinsed macadamia nuts and lemon juice. Pulverize until the nuts are chopped into very small pieces - not into a nut butter fully. Add in the cashew butter, salt, vanilla extract, coconut oil, raw honey. Blend until just mixed.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add in your nut mixture.
- Stir in the coconut flour. Let sit for a few minutes so the flour soaks up some of the moisture.
- Stir in the chia seeds, lemon zest, shredded coconut.
- Put the whole bowl into the fridge or freezer for 5-10 min, just to firm up slightly for rolling.
- Take a plate and spread some of the shredded coconut onto it. Take the bowl out of the fridge.
- Take tbsp size+ clumps out of bowl and roll into small bite sized balls, roll in coconut till the outside is dusted (like pretty snow). Set aside.
- Once complete, store in the fridge in a container up to 4-5 days approx. (you'll probably eat them all up before you get there anyway lol).
- Best served chilled!