Curried Carrot, Apple & Ginger Soup with Creamy Coconut
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Grain-Free
1 lb carrots, chopped
1 apple, chopped
2 onions, chopped in big chunks
4 whole cloves of garlic
Large nub of ginger, chopped
6 cups veggie broth (we use homemade)
2 cups water
1 tbsp curry powder
Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
1-2 tbsp melted coconut oil to coat veggies
1/2 cup full fat coconut cream (the stuff in the can)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Melt coconut oil and toss the carrots, apple, onion chunks and full cloves of garlic with oil, curry powder and some salt. Lay out on a baking sheet.
- Once the oven is preheated, put in the tray of veggies and roast for 30-45min or until tender.
- In a large soup pot, add in the roasted veggies, broth, water, ginger and bring to a boil. Simmer until the veggies are soft.
- Once the veggies are soft, turn off the heat and stir in the coconut cream.
- Purée soup with an immersion blender or in a regular blender (make sure it has ventilation or the heat will cause an explosion of soup once you fire it on! Keep your hand on the lid).
- Once puréed season with salt, pepper, more curry, or whatever spice you might like. Serve hot and steamy. I sprinkled some dried green onions on top.