Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Tart
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
The Raw Cacao Crust:
1.5 cups walnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
1/4 cup gluten-free oats
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
The Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Filling:
1/2 cup full fat coconut cream/milk (the stuff in the can)
6oz of bittersweet bakers chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup raspberry jam (you want to use one that has minimal ingredients and barely any sweetener. The organic one I used has a bit of grape juice for sweetener. If you can find a preserve, that's the best!)
For the topping:
Fresh raspberries (I used a container and 1/2)
- In a food processor, add all crust ingredients and blend until the "dough" becomes sticky enough that you can smooth together in your hand and the nuts are broken down.
- Place chopped chocolate in a heat safe bowl. Put aside.
- In a pie dish or tart flan, 9 to 9.5" press down the dough and create nice sides.
- In a small pot, bring the coconut cream to just under a boil.
- Pour the coconut cream over the thinly sliced chocolate, let sit for a minute, then mix till fully melted and combined.
- Stir in the raspberry jam and then pour the mixture over your crust, even out with a spatula.
- Top with raspberries however you like!
- Let chill in the fridge till cool or for at least an hour. Serve and enjoy!