butternut Squash & Chickpea coconut Curry
Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
1 butternut squash - I used 2 as the ones I had were super small (chopped up to be about the size of the chickpeas)
1/2 head of cauliflower (florets broken up)
1 big onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped super fine
1/2 cup frozen peas
3 cups or so shredded kale or spinach
1 can chickpeas
1 can full fat coconut cream
2 cups water
2-3 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
Himalayan sea salt to taste
Garnish with cilantro or pea sprouts
Serve with cooked brown rice
- Heat coconut oil in a medium sized pot.
- Once oil is melted, add in chopped onions and garlic. Sauté for 5-10 min or until onions are translucent. Stir often.
- Add in curry powder. Let cook with onions for about a minute, just to release the flavours.
- Stir in squash, water, coconut cream, salt and bring up to a boil. Once at a boil, stir, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower and chickpeas. Let simmer for another 20 minutes or until squash and cauliflower are soft.
- Stir in peas and greens. Let cook down for another few minutes.
- Serve with a side of brown rice.